Monday, May 12, 2008

Finally Sober

What a weekend! Now as you may know, my birthday was last week. It fell on a Wednesday so I decided to celebrate it the following weekend. I didn’t do anything big I just went to a new club with a few friends. Okay so let me just say this, I am NOT a drinker. I’m not fond of alcohol at all! I don’t like the taste and I’m not into the after effects either, but since it was my 21st birthday I figured, what the hell, I’ll come out of my element just this one time. Bad choice! Man one drink turned into two, two turned into four, and after that I just lost count. Me not being a drinker and everything, I wasn’t aware that I couldn’t hold my liquor for sh*t! I was highly intoxicated, but it wasn’t to the point where I blacked out or anything. I was very aware of what was going on, too aware. It felt as though I was seeing everything for the first time. I was counting the pores on the chicks face that was dancing next to me, I was admiring the color of the walls, and until that moment I never really appreciated how comfortable the back seat of my car was. I felt invincible. I was busting moves I couldn’t possibly have accomplished while sober. I felt as if I was floating on cloud nine. I was molesting people left and right, and saying things that I would have never said in my right state of mind. My friend had to partially drag me to the car and drive me home of course, had I attempted to drive myself, I probably wouldn’t be here writing this blog right now. I got home and made a sandwich for myself and I hauled my ass up those stairs with difficulty, undressed and laid across the bed and fell asleep……

I awoke the next morning with a massive hang over and that same sandwich from the previous night in my hand. It was one of the worst feelings I have ever felt. I was nauseous, my body felt like it weighed a ton, I had a immense headache, and I still felt a little intoxicated. I spent the whole day in my room, leaving only occasionally to go to the bathroom to throw my guts up. I vowed never to drink again. Needless to say I wont be getting drunk anytime soon if ever! The whole experience was comical to me but it was also a reminder of why I don’t drink. Those few moments of feeling indestructible, is so not worth the feeling that you get afterwards. I can’t fathom why or how people do it on a regular basis. To all my alcoholics out there I’m not judging you at all, I just don’t want to and can’t hang when it comes to drinking.
Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

Ms. emmotions said...

hapi bday .....belated tho,
wishin u a happy and many happy years to come gal

She W0rd Hustlez said...

Sad. I hope you truly learned your lesson.